Ever since I was ten years old I knew I wanted to be an Elementary School Teacher. I remember sitting at home and envisioning what my classroom would be like. I wondered what the walls would look like and how my students would feel in class everyday. First off the most important thing in creating my perfect classroom would be to make a safe and fun learning environment. I want my future students to be excited to come to class everyday and want to learn and excel at everything they do. I want each student to always feel comfortable and never feel threatened by anyone or anything.
Visually I want my room to be bright so that students will feel happy. Dark gloomy colors and atmosphere make people sad and not attentive. I hope that there will be a window in my class so that the natural light comes in. I want my students artwork to be on the walls. I do not want to much clutter in my class. Having a clean environment will allow students to work best. I want them to feel like the work they complete is important. I will treat my
classroom as a community. With this being said I want my students to
see themselves when they look at the walls. Bulletin boards with weekly assignments such as math or writing is a necessity. For example, I plan to post the spelling words for the week on the walls so that they students can see them everyday. I hope to have a few computers in my classroom so that the students can use technology to complete work. With that being said I hope to have a smart board so that students can interact while doing lessons. Students think smart boards are fun, so by having them will make them want to participate. I want to have a map on the wall so that students can put a tack in the place that they came from. I want students to feel accepted and that everyone cares about their culture.
My classroom will have different centers for different tasks that I ask them to complete. When my students do free reading I want them to be able to go wherever they want in the room. Maybe I will have a comfortable rug that students can sit on. In addition, I want to have a corner where I can read allowed to the class. I want to have a big enough space where everyone has room. In this center I wish to have two chairs that are more comfortable. The two students who are the most well behaved that day will be allowed to sit in them. This will give the students good incentives in wanting to do well. Depending on the grade level I teach I want to have a few chairs set up at a table so that students are able to listen to books on tape. I plan to change the arrangement of desks every few weeks so that my students will have the opportunity to work with other students. I also want to have a few long tables so that the students are able to work together.
The environment of my classroom must contribute to the physical and positive learning of the students. My room will embrace the idea that anything a child says is important. I plan to adapt their instruction to meet the needs of their learners. I plan to work hard to make the curriculum relevant to the lives of the students. For me, an ideal school environment recognizes student success is the complex goal to achieve.
No comments:
Post a Comment