Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Conflicts in Adolescents


 


      

            There are many conflicts that adolescents face daily. An adolescent can be another word for a teenager or someone who is around nineteen years and below. Some conflicts adolescents face are: peer pressure, drug use, conflicts with partners, parental conflicts, bullying issues, and many more. Around the teenage years a lot of conflicts have to do with relationships. People in high school seem to fall hard for others and their lives revolve around their significant others.
            In high school one of my biggest conflicts was my time management. I played varsity soccer, was team captain, ran track and field, played premier soccer, balanced a social life, and all of my school work. I am not complaining because everything besides my schoolwork was a personal choice and something I wanted to do. Sometimes times things were easy and others were extremely difficult. There were times where I would break down because I had way too much on my plate. With college rolling around and application deadlines, my stress level was out of the roof. Paying for college is also a  dilemma that adolescents face.  


            One immense conflict that many face is affording college and everything that comes with it. I have heard horror stories about finical aid and being able to afford books. It is sad that some students work their butts off during high school to go to a great school, but then cant end up going because it is to costly. College tuitions are rising every year and things are just getting worse. Thankfully, I am fortunate enough where I do not have to deal with these problems. Friends of mine are currently worrying about be able to afford groceries for the week or the eclectic bills. It is hard for college students to make decent money because they are only able to work part time. School takes up a lot of their time, so most are unable to have a full time job, so money is tight. If students do happen to have full time jobs its seems that they are always extra stressed out with school work. I guess this deals back with time management.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Courtney! First off congrats on being able to handle all of that extra work you did in high school and made it through! Not a lot of people can handle school work and all the other extra curricular activities. I agree 100% with you on how many stress out about college debt. I stress about it sometimes when I think about the loans that I have to pay off once I graduate. It sucks that college tuition is rising, it only makes it harder for a lot of people. This was a good blog, but I think you should have talked about a topic that you mentioned in your first paragraph. Or you can just change the first paragraph because I thought you were going to talk about one of those topics, but you talked about something different.

    ReplyDelete