The
story I chose to write about was a high school senior who is a popular jock and
has everything going for him. He meets a new girl, Katie, who is the complete opposite.
She is shy, and a bookworm. Her life is the library and her parents until she
meets Duke. The first step to this writing process was to create my first
draft. After I completed this I went back and re-read it. I changed many parts
that did not make sense or that I didn’t like.
I
really like my story, but I need a critique from a classmate. The next step in
my writing process will be a revision from a peer. Hearing a second opinion is
something I defiantly need! This story might take way more than one draft, but I
am prepared and ready for that to happen. I can’t wait to see how my story ends
up! The story is called, Decisions- Decisions. 
Hello Courtney! Yay! You can finally finish writing the story you didn't finish in your last class! I actually really want to read your story when you finish writing it, it sounds really interesting to me! I have stated in my blog that Nicholas Sparks, is my favorite author, I guess I can say I enjoy reading "love" stories. Your story seems to fit into that genre a little and I cannot wait to get the chance to read it! I agree with you 100% on needing other peoples opinion on my work. I think it is best to have more than one person read your writing because it gives us more opportunities to have opinions on what to change, what to add, and what to keep the same. We sometimes after reading our own story a couple of times might think its perfect and ready for publishing, but then you have someone else read it and they think different. Our writing can always be improved and added to, writing can go on forever believe it or not.
ReplyDelete