Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Who Inspires me Most



           Many people inspire me everyday. I am inspired by celebrities, friends, teachers, but most importantly my Mom and Dad. They have inspired me my whole entire life. I honestly do not know where I would be if I didn’t have them. I would say they are my rock. Lots of people grow up with a house full of siblings but not me. I am an only child so it has always been just mom, dad and me. I love it that way. I could not picture or want my life any other way.
            My Mom works as a general manager of a great restaurant. My Dad works at a company called BriCo. His company deals with environmental services, disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials, and abatement.
            My parents have done everything in their power to give me the best life they possibly can and they have. Both my parents are so hardworking. My parents are brave; they will do anything for my happiness. They have always inspired me to do the right things, to be strong, and be independent.

            They have taught me so many things in life. From how to kick a soccer ball, how to be successful in school, how to drive, how to have fun, how to work hard, to be a good person, all the best shopping places, and many, many more. They have taught me about very serious things as well as fun things.  My parents taught me the saying, work hard- play hard. They have helped me through a lot of important decisions and always seem to know what to do.
            One great thing about them is they never made me feel pressured to do anything that was not interesting to me. Instead, they tried to show me everything they could to enable me to develop my own passions and make my own choices. This was with just about anything, for example, sports, girl scouts, student council and many more.
            I want to have a good education so I can have everything I want and be able to give my children anything they want. Having a good education is very important to get where you want to be in the future.  They have taught me, if you do not have an education, the possibilities of you having the life you want are slim to none. That is why my  parents  have pushed me to go to college. I have always wanted to go to college, but they have allowed me to follow this dream. Anytime I get a good grade on a test or do something well the first thing I think of is “ I can’t wait to tell mom and dad.”  I feel proud to be able to share my success with them. I want them to be apart of my life for everything. They have always been my biggest supporters. Whenever I am down, I know they will be right there to pick me back up.

                                                Thanks Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

  1. Courtney,

    Your parents seem like great people. I, too, feel the same way about my parents. They've taught me so much and always been there for me. My parents also never pressured me to do anything. In terms of gymnastics, for example, they always said I could quit if I wasn't having fun anymore. They allowed me to do what I wanted to do. This was a great post; good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, that was such a sweet post, and so heartfelt! I hope you will let your parents read this! It will mean so much! I also loved the fact that you posted pictures of the three of you, so we know what your family looks like. Your parents sound like awesome people! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Courtney! I really enjoyed this blog post it was beautiful! I agree with Lieve, you should definitely show this to your parents, I am positive they will love it and it will make them cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your parents must be proud! I think that it is important to have parents such as yours. It is beautiful how close you are to them and how even in college; they are still center in your life. I think a lot of people lose that and that can be the cause of many hardships some may face because they lose contact with the very ones who are their rock. Great post and your parents sound like great people who are truly a big inspiration!

    ReplyDelete