This week my group and I worked on our second book club
talk. We continued in discussing, The Maze Runner by James Dashner. As I continued reading I found that I was
still very interested in this book. It is hard to put down. I find myself
always thinking about the characters and what is going to happen next. I love
the relationship between all the characters and the overall idea of the book.
This week
we talked about pages 106 to 260. We had not met in a while so there was a lot
of discuss. Something major that I
mentioned in my last blog post was that Thomas went into the maze when that was
the number 1 rule not to do. Last blog post I talked about predictions. I was
curious if Thomas was going to get in trouble for going into the maze to help
the others. I felt that the punishment the group leaders gave him was
acceptable. Some wanted to kill Thomas and others said he was a hero for being
the first one to spend the night in the maze and come out alive. They decided
that he would get one day in jail and then would be free. In this section the girl, Theresa, wakes up
out of her coma. I made a prediction that Thomas and Theresa would have some
sort of special connection, either romantically or in a friendship way. After
reading I found out that they do. From the second she got out of the box Thomas
felt connected to her in some way, but could not remember how. Now the two are
able to communicate through their minds. Thomas is always promising to protect
her and is always sticking up to her. The other guys do not like Theresa
because they feel that she is responsible for all the changings occurring. I
think they see her as a threat because deep down they know she has a lot of
power.
Since Theresa has gotten there things have
started to change. Now the supplies that were coming weekly stopped. The maze
does not close at night. The skies are always grey. People are blaming her for
why this has happened. As I continue to read, I wonder if Thomas and Theresa
are the reasons why everything is changing.
In the
book, Thomas keeps seeing the word WICKED spelled out in random places, like on
the back of the beetle. I wonder what the meaning behind this will be?
Thomas has
proved that he is fast and skilled enough to be a runner. He has proven that he
is meant to be out there. Some argue that they do not like him as a runner. I
personally like him being a runner. I feel that he will be apart of solving the
maze or he will save someone again.
I wonder if
the supplies will start coming again? Will Theresa become a runner? Is Theresa
one of the creators for the game? Will Thomas make it out alive form the griever’s
hole? These are just some of the questions that are flowing through my head! I will be sure to keep you posted on what comes
next!
No comments:
Post a Comment