This week
our group held its third book club meeting. We continued to discuss The Maze
Runner by James Dashner. As the book comes to end it keeps getting better
and better. I am so eager to find out what happens at the end of the book. Will
Thomas and Theresa start a relationship? Will they all get out of the maze and
go back to the “real world”. Will the author show a glimpse of their home
lives? I also wonder if one of the major characters will die to create some
drama in the book.
This week
we talked about chapters 40-49. We continued to make text-to-text connections
with The Hunger Games. One thing
we talked about for a while was the process of Thomas going through the
changing. We wondered that if Thomas hadn’t done this would the rest of the crew
be successful in trying to complete the maze. Every person that had gone
through the changing has felt something different. As a group we were curios as
why everyone who goes through the changing sees Thomas, but not Theresa. Why is
Theresa not popping into everyone’s minds?
I feel that
Thomas and Theresa are able to talk to each other threw their minds to show
that they are apart from everyone else. I feel that the author wants us readers
to know that these two characters are special. I also noticed that everyone is
starting to like Theresa a little bit more. Before she was hated by most. Since
she has helped with the codes, she is trusted a little bit more. It was stated
that the ones that survive would be used for something, but what? This is a question that is pondering my mind.
Something
we talked about in class today was, processing. This is what you do as a group
to help your discussion flow smoothly and be successful. It also is ideas that
you use that enable everyone in a group to get along. I feel that my group has
done a GREAT job. We have all kept up with our reading. I think it helps because
we are all very interested in the book. We are all eager to find out what is
going to happen. When we are in book club we provide a comfortable environment.
We allow everyone to share their ideas and never judge or put down people based
on their opinions. We try to focus on predictions and character development.
This
was a very short book club section but a lot of information was given. I
have a few ideas that I think may happen in the end, but I
am not sure. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment