Monday, October 27, 2014

Writer's Workshop: Realistic Fiction


 


Conferencing

            In class today we met in our conference groups to continue to discuss our informational text essays. I continued to work on my paper about realistic  fiction. My classmates and Professor met with me to make sure I was on the right track. The goal of conferring was to pin point out target areas that need more growth. We discussed the components needed for the criteria of the paper. We need to be sure to include the definition of the genre, benefits it has and how you would teach it and implement it into the classroom.
            One of the biggest target areas I need to focus on was adding in text citations in APA format. I cited my sources at the end of the paper, but did not include them throughout the essay. In addition, I used MLA so I need to change the format to APA. I have never used APA before, so this will be something new to me. In addition, I need to work on making my paragraphs a little bit longer. There are a few paragraphs that are 3-4 sentences. Combining paragraphs together is something I can do to fix this. Another issue was how many times I use the word “then”. This word  was used in almost every sentence or every other sentence. I do this subconsciously all the time. Using other words to replace this is a must. A target area I really need to work on was making sure that I show and don’t tell. For example, I wrote, “ this is what I researched….” instead I should have just began to explain the research I found.
            Next step in my writing process will be to fix the errors I created. I will work on the targeted areas that my peers gave me. Hopefully, I will be able to improve my paper for the next draft!

No comments:

Post a Comment