Reading
Reading
has never been something I was too fond off. Once I got out of high school I
gained appreciation for it. In high school I was forced to read materials that
I was not interested in. I know that doing things you don’t want to do is a
part of life, but when you spend hours reading and answering questions about
material you don’t like, it gets old. I liked to read but the books I was given
were boring and did not interest me in the slightest bit.
It
is very important to add reading into your life daily. Reading something as
simple as a milk carton or the newspaper is better than not reading at all. I
read because it is relaxing and helps me gain more knowledge. If I have the
right book then I could sit and read for hours. Seeing hundreds of new words
allows me to gain a better vocabulary. Reading also helps me to improve my imagination.
I can predict and make connections to help. It also betters my verbal abilities.
Books offer an outstanding wealth of learning.
Realistic fiction is the genre that
interests me most. I like how it can so easily be connected to my life. I am a
very creative person and this type of writing gives me ideas and opens my imagination.
If I could read books about love stories of people my age everyday then I would.
Reading about love makes me so hopeful and excited for the future. The past
three books that I have read have been romantic novels. Just recently I read a
mystery book and loved it. Never before would I have ever chosen this type of
genre, but I am happy I did. Genres that don’t interest me are: myths,
folktales ,and anything about history. Those are topics that I cannot relate
to, therefore I would never choose to read one of these types of books.
No comments:
Post a Comment