Before I started my first blog about
education, I thought I would research other teachers' blogs. I found a lot of
good ideas, lessons and information from them. They helped me understand how to
blog and showed me blogging is basically a freedom of speech and expression. I
think I like blogging so much is because it is basically a free write and I am
able to voice my opinion about anything I want. I have a creative mind, so
blogging allows me to use my creativeness. Hopefully, over time I will be able
to make blogging a hobby and something that I naturally will do all the time.
Over
the course of my life, I’ve embraced a number of different hobbies: soccer,
shopping, biking, taking pictures and track and field. But none of them have
had to do with bettering my learning. Now I have a new hobby, blogging. Our
task now is to complete a series of blogs for a class assignment. Once this
class is over I plan to continue blogging.
What do
I hope to get out of my blogging experience? My goal is to become a better writer. At its core, writing is communication.
It is about recording thoughts on paper. If I continue to record my thoughts,
then I should become a better writer. This will then allow me to become a
better thinker. Something great about blogging is that it is free. If others
read your blogs then you can inspire them with your writing.
Great blog! I feel the same way about blogging. I like that you chose a goal for writing your blog. It's a really good one. You make some really good points about how none of your other hobbies have to do with bettering your learning. They do make you the person you are, but they don't expand your knowledge necessarily. I also like blogging because I can talk about whatever I want and no one has to read it if they don't want to. It's kind of nice to get all your thoughts out and be able to look back on them later. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteCourtney,
ReplyDeleteBlogging is also a new activity for me. I had never really thought about creating my own blog before this class. I'm really enjoying it, though, and I hope I have the time to keep up with it. I think it's a great way not only to express your own ideas, but also to provide others with different perspectives/new ideas and enlighten them. Good post!
Blogging, which being public, may not allow as much reflection but for me the audience (even though I do not have one) is a great mirror.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you continue to blog. You need to build up social capital and an online presence as an educator. I know I Googled every candidate that we interviewed when I taught.
I think that regular blogging can help you reach your goal of becoming a better writer. Be sure to reach out with hyperlinks, add comments to other blogs and be part of learning communities, too. Don't just hunker down in this lovely space. Reach out and find people to connect with.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Kevin
http://dogtrax.edublogs.org/